Another SCSA Bighorn Mountain 3D Archery Shoot is in the books. We had a lot of participation from both sides of the mountain and our best count looks like 250 shooters plus, including the kids. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again next year. Thanks to the shooters who helped load, unload, set up & tear down. Could not even start to do it without the help.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Bear Lodge Resorts
- Rinehart Targets
- NX Bar Ranch
- Rocky Mountain Discount Sports of Sheridan
Winners of the drawings:
- Jordan McDonald from Dayton – Rinehart Woodlot Buck
- Caleb Schulz from Cody – NX Bar youth elk hunt
- Bree Stevenson from Cody – Rinehart 18 – 1 target donated by Rocky Mountain Discount sports of Sheridan
SCSA archery ranges:
- A static range (practice/sight-in) has 11 target butts from 10 to 80 yards.
- A NFAA course with 14 target butts lays to the west of the static range. The course is set up to shoot in a counter clockwise pattern.
- A 3D target course with 12 targets lays to the south of the archery shed. NO Broadheads on this course!
- This course is set up to shoot in a clockwise pattern. The majority of the targets are the older McKenzie targets. 3D targets are normally in place from May through October.
All arrow removal will be made easier from all targets with the use of arrow lube and an arrow puller.
A sand pit on the east side of the static range is available for sighting-in broad heads or bring your own target.
Absolutely NO broad heads or practice broad heads shot into the target butts or 3D targets.
Crossbow shooters may shoot the target butts only. Arrow lube & pullers will be required. No arrow jacks! DO NOT shoot the 3D targets.
Follow safe practices and be respectfully of all users!