Another SCSA Bighorn Mountain 3D Archery Shoot is in the books. We had a lot of participation from both sides of the mountain and our best count looks like 250 shooters plus, including the kids. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again next year. Thanks to the shooters who helped load, unload, set up & tear down. Could not even start to do it without the help.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Bear Lodge Resorts
- Rinehart Targets
- NX Bar Ranch
- Rocky Mountain Discount Sports of Sheridan
Winners of the drawings:
- Jordan McDonald from Dayton – Rinehart Woodlot Buck
- Caleb Schulz from Cody – NX Bar youth elk hunt
- Bree Stevenson from Cody – Rinehart 18 – 1 target donated by Rocky Mountain Discount sports of Sheridan
SCSA archery ranges:
- A static range (practice/sight-in) has 11 target butts from 10 to 80 yards.
- A walk-through course with 11 target butts lays to the west of the static range. The course is set up to shoot in a counter clockwise pattern. The target butts currently have animal faces. NO Broadheads on this course!
- A 3D target course with 3 butts & 7 – 3d targets lays to the south of the archery shed. NO Broadheads on this course!
- This course is set up to shoot in a clockwise pattern. The majority of the targets are the older McKenzie targets. 3D targets are normally in place from May through October.
All arrow removal will be made easier from all targets with the use of arrow lube and an arrow puller.
A sand pit on the east side of the static range is available for sighting-in broad heads or bring your own target.
Absolutely NO broad heads or practice broad heads shot into the target butts or 3D targets.
Crossbow shooters may shoot the target butts only. Arrow lube & pullers will be required. No arrow jacks! DO NOT shoot the 3D targets.
Follow safe practices and be respectfully of all users!
2019 3D Target Archery Matches
- 5 – 3D targets; 2 rounds; 1 arrow/target = 10 shots
- shooting for score starts @ 6 pm.
- Sam Boyles (307-351-1616 firstname.lastname@example.org) will manage the compound matches
- George Rogers (307-763-1003 email@example.com) will manage the traditional matches
Schedule for compound matches.
- May 14, 20, 26
- June 3, 11, 17, 23, 30
- July 9, 15
Schedule for traditional matches
- Start May 23 then every Thursday through July 25.
- $5/person ($3 for payback and 2$ for the club) please bring one dollar bills.
- Each night is paid as a separate match.
- Handicap – no handicap on night one, it will be heads up.
- Handicap is figured as a percentage of the difference between the highest score and the shooter’s score. (freestyle – 80%, bowhunter – 90%, traditional – 95%)
- the handicap will be added to the score of the shooter after the round is over.
ex: Score 100, handicap +9, total for the night = 109
- the winner for the night will shoot 5 yards longer on every shot on the next week and stays at the additional yardage for the remaining matches.
- after each shooter has two or more scores, the scores w/o handicap will be averaged to determine the new handicap. The average will be of the scores before the handicap is added.
These rules are for those playing for money. If shooters are not shooting for money they can pay $2 to shoot for fun. Fun money will go to the association.